Monday, January 24, 2011

Offshore Fishing (Tema, Ghana)

Marco Polo (yes, that's his real name) and I finally "hooked" up for some offshore fishing on January 22, 2011.  Early Saturday morning, Marco, Sylva, Louis, Nicolai and I headed to the fishing harbour at Tema, Ghana.  Marco arranged the traditional Ghanaian canoe, we both brought our gear and away we were.  It was an international crowd with three Spanairds, a Frenchmen, Canadian and a few Ghanaians.

I was blessed to catch the first fish - Spanish Mackerel!  Louis (from Spain) is taking another photo in the background.  Sylva (The Spanish Sanguine) is monkeying around behind me in the other photo.  Using a heavy action boat rod and reel I barely felt the fish fight.  Far different experience from fishing with medium and light action rods.


Overall we ended the day with a number of different species, all of which I've never seen as these tropical animals never grace our waters back in Nova Scotia.  Here are a few photos of a few of the fishes we caught.





I caught this small fish and unbeknownst to me another much larger fish approached it and bit off half of it's body.



No comments:

Post a Comment